11.09.2009

LET'S TALK ABOUT MUSIC.

I THINK I CAN SAFELY SAY THAT WE ALL LOVE MUSIC, IT IS JUST SO MUCH FUN TO LISTEN TO AND STUFF. MUSIC: IT IS REALLY GREAT.

ANYWAYS THE REASON I BRING THIS UP IS THAT I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO SOME NEW TUNES LATELY (I KNOW, IT IS TRULY ORIGINAL AND EXCITING TO LISTEN TO NEW MUSIC) AND I HAVE DECIDED TO SHARE WITH YOU SOME OF MY REACTIONS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT THESE HOT NEW JAMS.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO (YUCK WHO SAYS THAT) HERE IS MY MUSIC REVIEW FOR EARLY NOVEMBER OR WHATEVER:

TAYLOR SWIFT- "FEARLESS: PLATINUM EDITION"


SO I KNOW I'VE ALREADY MENTIONED TAY TAY ON HERE IN MY ONE OTHER POST, BUT WHAT CAN I SAY I HAVE AN OBSESSIVE PERSONALITY AND A SERIOUS WEAKNESS FOR HYPER-EARNEST TEENAGE SINGER-SONGWRITER GIRLS. WHEN I HEARD THAT TAY SWIFT WAS GOING TO BE COMING OUT WITH A RE-RELEASE OF HER FEARLESS CD ON MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY AND IT WAS GOING TO INCLUDE SIX NEW SONGS I GOT SO EXCITED I ACTUALLY CONSIDERED BUYING IT! LIKE ON ITUNES OR SOMETHING. THEN I HEARD THAT ONE OF THE NEW SONGS WAS NOT ACTUALLY NEW BUT A PIANO BALLAD REMAKE OF HER SONG "FOREVER AND ALWAYS." TYPICALLY I WOULD BE LIKE "UGH TAYLOR WHY CANT YOU JUST WRITE A NEW SONG INSTEAD OF REHASHING OLD SHIT." BUT NOT THIS TIME BECAUSE "FOREVER AND ALWAYS" IS MY FAVE SONG OF HERS SO I WAS REALLY EXCITED. SO I WOUND UP ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADING (SORRY TAYLOR I STILL LOVE YOU) AND 5 OF THE 6 SONGS ARE REALLY GOOD OR DECENT.

THE BAD ONE IS CALLED "JUMP THEN FALL" AND I DON'T HATE IT BUT IT IS A LOT MORE LIKE TWANGY COUNTRY THAN THE OTHERS. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE TWANGY COUNTRY- DOLLY IS MY FAVORITE ARTIST OF ANY MEDIUM- BUT WHEN TAYLOR GOES ALL SUPER-COUNTRY I FEEL LIKE SHE IS LYING, NOT ONLY TO ME BUT ALSO TO HERSELF. ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH "JUMP THEN FALL" IS THE CHORUS, IN WHICH SHE SINGS, "DON'T BE AFRAID TO JUMP THEN FALLL/ JUMP THEN FALL INTO ME" AND THAT REALY GROSSES ME OUT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME THINK OF SOMEONE "JUMPING AND FALLING INTO TAYLOR." LIKE SEXUALLY. AND LIKE EW, I KNOW I HAVE FANTASIES ABOUT JOE JONAS AND THAT WEREWOLF BOY SHE'S DATING NOW JUST LIKE ANY OTHER 13 YEAR OLD GIRL, BUT MY FANTASIES HAVE ME IN THE TAYLOR SWIFT ROLE AND I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF HER HAVING SEX, IT CREEPS ME OUT KIND OF. I LIKE TO THINK OF TAYLOR AS ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WHO LIKE HUGS A BOY AND IS SO SURE THEY ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED AND IS PERPETUALLY GETTING HER HEART BROKEN BECAUSE SHE THINKS EVERY BOY WHO LOOKS AT HER IS GOING TO BE HER LOVER FOREVER.

DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVE WEIRD PSYCHO-SEXUAL MADONNA/WHORE COMPLEX HANGUPS WHEN IT COMES TO TAYLOR, I REALLY REALLY LOVE HER. I THINK THE NEW VERSION OF "FOREVER AND ALWAYS" IS MY FAVORITE OF HER SONGS. IT IS SO EMOTIONAL, IT REALLY TAKES ME BACK TO THAT TIME IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN I NEVER HAD A BOYFRIEND. OR THAT TIME IN NOW SCHOOL WHERE I STILL DON'T. I LOVE THE SPARSE PIANO ARRANGEMENT OF THE SONGS AND THE STRINGS THAT KICK IN HALF WAY THROUGH. IT REALLY MAKES ME SO EMOTIONAL. I DARE YOU TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG AND NOT FEEL TAYLOR'S PAIN. THE PAIN SHE FELT WHEN JOE JONAS BROKE UP WITH HER OVER THE PHONE HE IS SO MEAN! I LIKE TO IMAGINE HE BROKE UP WITH HER BECAUSE SHE WOULDNT PUT OUT. OH MY GOD THERE I GO AGAIN WITH MY SERIOUS PRUDISHNESS RE: TAYLOR SWIFT. I NEED TO WORK ON THAT


HERE'S A VIDEO OF SOME GIRLS SIGNING TO MY FAVE SONG. THE SOUND IS SHITTY BUT THEIR SIGN LANGUAGE IS SO INSPIRATIONAL.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA I GET SO EXCITED WHEN SHE COMES ON THE RADIO!!! WHICH IS LIKE 15 TIMES A DAY...I LOVE HOW THEY DID POP REMIXES TO ALL OF HER SONGS TO MAKE THEM AS GAY FRIENDLY AS POSSIBLE. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete