2.08.2010

OOH LA LA

I SCORED THIS HUGE COMP OF FRENCH POP HITS FROM THE 80S (800 CHANSONS DES ANNEES 80), 90% OF IT WAS BULLSHIT BUT THERE WERE SOME REAL GEMS IN THERE. I WAS A FRENCH MAJOR IN COLLEGE AND USED TO REALLY VALUE MY ABILITY TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE AND THINK OF THE CULTURE AS LIKE THE PINNACLE OF CHIC, BUT MY SHITTY CANADIAN PROFESSOR WHO LOOKED LIKE FRASIER AND WHO COULDN'T FATHOM WHY I NEVER BROUGHT MY TEXT BOOKS TO CLASS (UM, HELLO, ALL I CARRIED THAT YEAR WAS THIS DIRTY AMERICAN FLAG PRINT TOMMY HILFIGER DRAW STRING TOTE, FREE WITH PURCHASE, FULL OF MAKE-UP, WHERE THE HELL WAS THAT STUPID BOOK GONNA GO? WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE LOCKERS AT COLLEGE?! GOD!!) KIND OF RUINED IT FOR ME, AND I DROPPED OUT, THOUGH I CAN STILL SPEAK IT PRETTY SLICK, ESPECIALLY IF I'M WASTED. ALSO, MY HIGHSCHOOL TRIP TO FRANCE WAS ACTUALLY THE VERY FIRST TIME I IMBIBED ALCOHOL (THE ONLY CONSTANT IN MY LIFE), SO I GOT KIND OF A SOFT SPOT IN MY HEART FOR ANYTHING FRENCH, I GUESS.



THIS VIDEO HAS A REALLY GOOD VIBE, COOL MAKE-UP LOOKS ON HER, AND IT'S REALLY FUNNY BECAUSE SHE'S SINGING TO THIS GUY, TELLING HIM HOW HE'S THE ROOF OVER HER HEAD, BASICALLY, AND ASKING HIM TO GO DOWN ON HER. IT'S COOL THAT THIS WAS A HIT. I LOVE SONGS ABOUT GIRLS ASKING TO BE EATEN OUT, IT'S FEMINISM I CAN REALLY GET BEHIND. (SEE ALSO: MADONNA "WHERE LIFE BEGINS") THIS GIRL WAS HALF OF ELLI ET JACNO. SHE IS KIND OF LIKE A PUNKER LIO.



OK, FIRST OFF, HE IS HOT!!! I LOVE HOW FRENCH PEOPLE LOVE NAUTICAL STRIPES. I LOVE THE SAXOPHONE. THE SHOT OF HIM AGAINST THE MIRROR WITH THE SHEET BLOWING IN THE WIND IS ALSO REALLY COMPELLING, AND THE GOLD PUMP ON THE COBBLESTONES AT THE END IS LIKE THE CHERRY ON THE TOP FOR ME! SUCH A GOOD VIDEO! I GUESS HE IS PRETTY HUGE IN FRANCE, TOO, AND THIS SONG IS SO RELATABLE. IT'S ABOUT HOW HE WON'T LEAVE HIS BED BECAUSE HE'S HOLDING ON TO THE MEMORY OF HIS LOVER, WHO IS NOW GONE. STIRRING.



I'M SO INTO THE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS IN THIS ONE. THESE GUYS WERE A ONE-HIT WONDER, BUT THIS IS A PRETTY SOLID SONG, KIND OF DANCEY, GOOD DISCO GUITARS. IT MEANS "LAURA'S EYES" AND I REALLY LIKE THE BITCH PLAYING LAURA, HER LOOK IS REALLY TIMELESS.



THIS. VIDEO. IS. INCREDIBLE. HER VOCALS ARE GIVING ME CHERIE CURRIE, AND HER LOOK IS SO "EROTICA" BUT PREDATES IT BY LIKE 5 YEARS. SO COOL. THIS WAS A STEAMY HIT ALL OVER EUROPE BUT WAS ALSO CENSORED ON ALL THE MUSIC CHANNELS, AND SOME WOULD ONLY SHOW IT AT NIGHT. THE VIDEO IS SEXY, BUT ALSO JUST COOL, I LOVE THE WEIRD BALD GAY GUYS TROUNCING AROUND, I LOVE THE MEN'S CHOREAGRAPHY TOGETHER, AND ONCE AGAIN, HER LOOK IS REALLY NOW. SO RAD. THE LYRICS ARE REALLY SEXY, BASICALLY AN ODE TO THIS GUY (NO RELATION TO ETIENNE DAHO) AND THE WAY THAT HE TOUCHES HER. SO INTO IT.

I GUESS I'M GONNA GO SHOPPING NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment