4.12.2010

PUNK

IT'S 21.33 AND I AM STILL HUNGOVER. THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE BEGINNING OF A SHORT STORY, BUT IT'S NOT. MY FICTION DAYS ARE OVER. I DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY NOWADAYS, ALL MY CREATIVE FACULTIES GO TOWARDS SUSTAINING THE TANGLED DREAM WORLD I LIVE IN. BUT I AM CURLED UP ON THE SOFA, WRAPPED IN A BLANKET, BURBLING LIKE BLOOD IN A SLIT THROAT. I DRANK A LOT OF STRONGBOW, SOME JAGERMEISTER, SOME TEQUILA, THIS ROSE WINE THAT TASTED LIKE HONEY AND BILE (MAYBE THE BILE WAS ME) AND PLAYED A GIG WITH SOME FUCKING BRILL BANDS. THERE'S SOMETHING NICE ABOUT SINGING R'N'B WITH BACKING TRACKS AT A PUNK GIG, BUT THERE'S ALSO SOMETHING WHICH MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A TOTAL DWEEB. BUT THIS IS TRUE OF ANY GIG I PLAY, BECAUSE I ALWAYS MAKE SILLY MUSIC AND THEN PLAY IT ON MY OWN AND GET ALL NERVOUS. MAYBE NEXT TIME I'LL GET SOME DANCERS ONSTAGE. OH NO WAIT, THAT WOULD MAKE IT MUCH MORE AWKWARD. BUT I GOT TO SPEND TIME WITH LOTS OF GREAT PEOPLE, AND GET RAT-ARSED WITH THEM, OH GOD I'M SHUTTING UP NOW AND POSTING PHOTOS, COURTESY OF MY BEZZA/PROMOTER CHARLOTTE'S HEWWO KITTY POLAROID



WE'LL DO IT IN ORDER, THIS IS ME PLAYING. DON'T I LOOK LIKE A RAW MATERIAL?



THIS IS WOOLF, SO MUCH FUN, AND WHAT A GOOD LOOK! STAND UP DRUMMING. GOD I WANT TO TRY AND DESCRIBE THEIR SOUND, BUT PUNK BANDS ARE ALWAYS LIKE DESCRIBED IN REFERENCE TO OTHER BANDS AND I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE TO DRAW ON. I JUST COME UP WITH 'WELL, IT'S SORT OF NOISEY AND A BIT BOUNCY', AND THAT MAKES ME SOUND LIKE SOMEONE'S GIRLFRIEND WHO DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO GO.



HUSBANDS ARE PATRICK AND RUSSELL, THINK THE SCREAMERS... WELL THAT WAS ALMOST A PUNK REFERENCE BUT THEN I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE SYNTH PUNK BANDS. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD LET ME GO TO A SOUL GIG OR SOMETHING (THEY DON'T EXIST), THEN I COULD SHOW OFF MY ERUDITION. MAYBE I SHOULD STOP PRETENDING TO BE A PUNK SO MUCH. THEY USED TO BE A COUPLE AND THEY STILL PLAY MUSIC TOGETHER! THAT'S INTEGRITY CHILD. FUNNY INSTANT IDENTIFICATION WITH PATRICK, MAYBE ITS THE WHOLE 'FAT TEEN TO ART STUDENT TO WORKING IN A UNIVERSITY' LIFE ROUTE.





THE SCEPTRES
! THATS A EUROPEAN WORD WHICH MEANS 'ROYALTY STICK'. THEY STAYED IN OUR HOUSE SATURDAY AND WE WATCHED DESPERATE TEENAGE LOVEDOLLS AND THRASHIN'. SO GOOD, SO VENICE BEACH. CHECK OUT THE PUNK COSTUMES THEY BOUGHT FOR THE GIG! BIN BAG DRESS AND SINGLE STUDDED PLEATHER GLOVE, THANK YOU CAMDEN. LOOK AT LOUIS WITH THE BASS, THE CUTEST THING STRUMMING!







RECOGNISE THESE GUYS? IT'S HUNX & HIS PUNKETTES! I HAD SO MUCH FUN, ESPECIALLY DANCING KIND OF HALF LEANING ON A LOVELY BOY. THE WHOLE FRONT ROW WAS PEOPLE WHO PLAYED, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS GREAT. SHANNON TOTALLY ENTRANCED ME. BESIDES SHANNON AND THE CLAMS BEING SO GREAT (AND HER BEING SUPER NICE), SHE'S JUST SO GOOD LOOKING. I ALMOST FEEL A BIT HETEROSEXUAL. I KIND OF GET IT NOW, MAYBE THEY AREN'T JUST BEING CONTRARY. OH AND I GOT TO MEAT (HA TYPO BUT I'M LEAVING IT) SHEFFIELD'S MOST ELLIGIBLE NON-BACHELOR/BANJEE QUEER, HE'S DREAMY AND HE WEARS BIG CHAINS. AND HE'S A TOTAL CHUBBY CHASER, DAMN HE COULDA HAD ME 6 YEARS AGO HE WOULD HAVE LOVED IT. I PRESUME.

SO YOU'D THINK HAVING THREE BANDS TO STAY IN YOUR HOUSE WOULD BE A PROBLEM, BUT SOMEHOW IT ALL WORKED OUT, MAYBE BECAUSE ONCE I GOT FOUR PEOPLE IN MY ROOM I GAVE UP AND SAT IN BED WATCHING ELVIRA: MISTRESS OF THE DARK AND DRINKING STRONGBOW. I COULD HAVE LOCKED THE DOOR BEHIND ME AND LET THE BLOODBATH ENSUE AT THAT POINT, QUITE FRANKLY. I SHARED MY BED WITH THE LOVELY BOY, WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, EXCEPT TOUCH KNEES, BUT I CAN DIG THAT. TOTALLY SWEET WEIRD CAMARADERIE - HAHA, WHAT ARE THESE CRAZY RELATIONSHIPS GAY PEOPLE KEEP HAVING, NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS STUFF. I TOTALLY WANTED TO SPOON HIM.

WELL, SOMETIMES I JUST GET WOWED BY ALL THE NICE, SINCERELY SWEET PEOPLE I COME ACROSS. THAT SOUNDS SO SOFT. WELL I HATE MYSELF, DOES THAT LEVEL THINGS OUT?

1 comment: