6.21.2010

SWEET ESCAPE

WELL FRIDAY WAS A DREAM CUM TRUE.




IT WAS THE X-WOMAN THEMED DRAG SHOW! OBVIOUSLY I WAS DAZZLER. I'VE ALWAYS IDENTIFIED REALLY STRONGLY WITH DAZZLER, SHE WAS HATCHED AS A CONCEPT CHARACTER THAT WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO HAVE A MUSIC AND MOVIE TIE-IN, BUT IT DIDN'T PAN OUT, BUT SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN REALLY RAD - A POP STAR WITH A SECRET (BEING A MUTANT), FLASHY GAY-CENTRIC LIGHT POWERS, A GOOD LOOK. AND WE EVEN HAVE THE SAME NAME ALMOST! ALISON BLAIR. ALEXIS BLAIR...SO COOL. BUT YEA THIS WAS EXCITING FOR ME, DRAG AND COMICS ARE PRETTY MUCH TWO OF THE ONLY THINGS I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT HAHA.
I GUESS IT'S WEIRD THAT I WEAR A BRA BUT NO TITS. WHATEVER.
MONA G. HAWD AS SAGE/TESSA, THE BLACK-OPS X-WOMAN SPY WHO AT SOME POINT LIVED IN AN AFGHANI HAREM! SO CHIC SO NOW!

JUBILEE, OBVS
HAHAHA. THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST NUMBERS I'VE SEEN, TO "LITTLE BIRD" BY ANNIE LENNOX, OF COURSE!




I MISSED A PIC OF THE METAMORPHOSES, BUT SHE TURNED INTO MYSTIQUE AT THE END!
LADY DEATHSTRIKE. THIS. WAS THE NUMBER!
IT WAS TO A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT SONGS SPLICED IN BETWEEN "MY HANDS" BY JEWEL!!! AHHH!!!





ROGUE, OBVS














EVERY WEEK I'M JUST WAITING FOR WEDNESDAYS WHEN THE NEW YORKER COMES AND I GO TO THE STORE AND BUY NEW COMICS. I LOVE ESCAPISM. X

1 comment:

  1. I love that Sage was a presence, that's so niche! I would have been Psylocke, no question. I identified hard with Betsy Braddock as a child.

    ReplyDelete